Yo what's good man? I like you work with the arcade sticks. I've never had a stick before because all I used to play is Call Of Duty. But I'm pretty much over that and trying to get back to my roots which is fighting games. For the most part, I'll be playing more of Mortal Kombat 9 if not the only game at all. So with that said, I wanted to ask you some questions if you don't mind. Keep in mind that I'm new to the arcade stick thing for PS3 so my bad if I ask some rookie questions.
1. Is there any lag between the button strike and what happens on screen? Is it pretty much the same as a controller or a little different?
No lag. If it was wireless there may be some slight lag but I build wired sticks. Inside the stick, there is a basic console controller. I just hack it to work with big buttons. Or I use a chip from Lizard Lick and those don't have any lag.
2. Do you know what the button configuration is yet for MK9?
Yes. They are using the basic MK layout which is why people are so excited. If you were good back in the day, you will be good when the game comes out. Nothing really new to learn. The layout I use on the stick allows you to play Mortal Kombat vs DC also which is crazy cheap right now and fun to play if you like playing as a superhero like Batman or Superman.
3. How much would shipping cost be to San Diego, Ca 92019?
The shipping is built into the price here in the states. I just charge a flat fee so there is no guess work. What you see is all you pay unless you need shipping out of the country.
4. What are the dimensions of the unit?
15 inches wide.
9 inches deep.
3.5 inches tall.
5. How soon do you usually get this to people on average?
There are sticks that are ready made that can arrive as soon as 1 week. But if it is a new build it takes about 3 weeks because the stick really smells while it is curing. I put a lacquer coating on the art to protect it from scratching and that takes a while to stop smelling.
6. Would you be able to install a headphone jack?
No option for a headphone jack right now.
7. If I ever wanted to swap out the box for say different MK characters that I would have you make, would that be possible? Would you do that? Is the process easy for myself to swap the internal parts into the different character casing?
The boxes I make are not modifiable as far as the art goes. But if you bought 3 different boxes, you'd be able to use a screw driver to swap out the chip and wires and buttons to a different box with relative ease.
8. I heard you say you were working on a Raiden. Is that done yet? If not, when? Well let me know wha sup man. Your work is tight as hell man and I definitely wanna get something from you.
Thanks. The Raiden is almost done but I want to update the artwork a little. My buddy showed me some awesome illustration skills so I want to improve my Raiden before I show it. It will be up by the end of this week though. Updates to new art are available on the blog so be sure to subscribe to see the new sticks.
9. Will you ever consider doing a pro team like im a huge lakers la kings fan are you going to do those type of themes or no?
Heeeeeeeeeeeells yeah. That would be filed under custom stick. I will slap anything you want on a stick mayne!
10. DIABLOOO QUE FEO THAT STICK IS. AND YOU ASKING FOR HOW MUCH!? TU TA LOCO MY DUDE!
Hahahahahaha. I wish I understood what you just asked me.
11. Do you make 3in1 adapters for this stick so that it can be plugged into a PS3, XBOX 360, AND Jamma Board setup, whichever I may choose to play at any given time? I'm guessing you would need to have 3 solder points going to each button mapping on the arcade stick so that you can have wire leads that works with all three systems.
Unfortunately I do not make a 3-in-1. But I do use a Lizard Lick PCB and a 3-in-1 can be made but that would be extra because you need more parts.
12. How long would it take you to make a PS3 version?
Same amount of time it would take to make a 360. They take me two weeks to make and then I ship it to you. So you get the stick no later than 3 weeks after ordering.
13. Also can they be optimized for mk9. Doin the X-rays on my tourney stick now is a pain.
They way my stick is set up, you can pull off XRays pretty easily.
14. Can u make ps3 version? Really dig the smoke over the kenshi one. Also do buyers get to choose their character. My faves are noob and ermac.
Yes... I make a PS3 version and you can choose from the art I have done so far. Anything else would go under custom.
15. Stick looks awesome, just curious how i would go about getting a nighwolf or Kabal one?
I can make a stick with both Nightwolf and Kabal on it. But that would be a custom so it would be a little extra.
Any other questions? Email me... firstname.lastname@example.org